Why write this blog?


I am writing this blog because when I started to investigate the world of Comenius Projects I found almost nothing that was of any use to me in starting up my own project. Since then things have improved a lot but I would like to think that anyone that finds and reads this blog will get a lot out of it and will be encouraged to participate in their own project. Here I am recording all the steps I take and all the ups and down I experience, the honest unvarnished reality.

If anyone would like to contact me to talk further about comenius projects please don't hesitate to do so.


Thursday, November 13, 2008

The day before

This is Thursday the 13th of November, the day before we leave for Poland and our first trip in the Comnius project.

It is an interesting point in the scheme of things. Project wise we have our blog up and running and we have already completed nearly all of the work we have to do before Christmas. Up until only a few weeks ago the only other country with a working blog was Germany. Then Bulgaria got their acto together but Poland and Italy had one but with no students on it and therefore we couldn't run the pen pal network with them. Now in the last week before our meeting sites have appeared in Greece and Sweden too and the others are starting to be workable. The Polish students appeared on their blog last night, I could see them but Dominika couldn't which was amusing.

We have everything prepared for the trip, tickets and all. We have bought a couple of "gegants" to take to the Polish director and a small present for Dominika too, something we thought was important.

We leave tomorrow morning at eight to go to Reus and catch the plane at 10.30. Then to Stansted and another flight to Katowice at 13.40.

I have arranged substitutes for us for this week after not being able to talk to Nuria Estrada about it I managed to talk to the personnel department and they told me to send our details with the reason and the dates of the trip. This I should have done earlier, had I known, as subs are assigned on Tuesdays and Thursdays apparently.

The only real fly in the ointment is that we don't have any of the money!! This is not only us though, Dominika is in the same boat. The money has been approved and is in Madrid but they haven't deigned to let us have it yet. It makes you think that it is sitting in an account somewhere and someone is benefitting from the interest in the meantime.

Still we soldier on.

The next post should be from Poland together with some photos if all goes well.

No comments: