Why write this blog?


I am writing this blog because when I started to investigate the world of Comenius Projects I found almost nothing that was of any use to me in starting up my own project. Since then things have improved a lot but I would like to think that anyone that finds and reads this blog will get a lot out of it and will be encouraged to participate in their own project. Here I am recording all the steps I take and all the ups and down I experience, the honest unvarnished reality.

If anyone would like to contact me to talk further about comenius projects please don't hesitate to do so.


Thursday, August 14, 2008

What now?

Now what I have to do is some preparation for the start of term.

The project has to be presented to the students of 1r Batx to find out who is interested in taking part. This means that I will prepare a powerpoint presentation with an explanation of what a Comenius project is, what it could mean for them and what they would have to do if they wanted to take part in it.

I will also have to prepare some sort of evaluatory process in case we get too many people wanting to take part in it. Considering that we only have to trips abroad with students and theoretically I will be limited to 8-10 students on each I can't realistically have a group much larger than 20.

Then I have to go over the contents of our new textbook for 1r Batx and marry up its contents with what we want to do in the project as my class in 1r will be made up of all the Comenius students and we will have to follow the syllabus and carry out the work of the project at the same time.

Work but I am actually looking forward to it, it should be fun.

No comments: