Why write this blog?


I am writing this blog because when I started to investigate the world of Comenius Projects I found almost nothing that was of any use to me in starting up my own project. Since then things have improved a lot but I would like to think that anyone that finds and reads this blog will get a lot out of it and will be encouraged to participate in their own project. Here I am recording all the steps I take and all the ups and down I experience, the honest unvarnished reality.

If anyone would like to contact me to talk further about comenius projects please don't hesitate to do so.


Thursday, November 15, 2007

Preparations for the 13th

Dominika has asked me to send her details of IES Roquetes, legal name and address, where the school is exactly so that people can include this in their applications for the grant for the preparatory meeting. I originally thought they would come over for only two or three days but now she has said she would like the meeting to last all week, the week of the 13th to the 19th. I have no problem with this if she feels it is necessary.

At the moment we have schools from Sweden, Greece, Germany, Poland and Spain (of course). We are also waiting on Malta, Cyprus and Turkey for school which should be able to attend the meeting as well.

She has told me that all the participating schools receive a standard grant of about 1000 euros that has to cover all costs during the visit. I have been asked to find out about hotels and flights and if there is somewhere we can use for meetings. Hotels and stuff I think I will include in the blog so that they can look at them at leisure, though I think it would be easier if everyone is in the same place. As to a place to meet the IES seems the logical place, I first thought of the library but that is too big and we won't be that many people (though if two come from each school I don't know) so perhaps just the foreign languages department itself.

I have sent the link to the blog on and am waiting to hear what they think.

No comments: