Why write this blog?


I am writing this blog because when I started to investigate the world of Comenius Projects I found almost nothing that was of any use to me in starting up my own project. Since then things have improved a lot but I would like to think that anyone that finds and reads this blog will get a lot out of it and will be encouraged to participate in their own project. Here I am recording all the steps I take and all the ups and down I experience, the honest unvarnished reality.

If anyone would like to contact me to talk further about comenius projects please don't hesitate to do so.


Thursday, November 1, 2007

Why don't we do a comenius project?

A long time ago, a little more than two years ago now, we were running a departmental meeting when the question came up, "why don't we do a comenius project?" The general reaction was one of yeah great, why not, that's a good idea, though I have to confess my real reaction was, "what on earth is a comenius project?"

On asking the question the basics were quickly explained and immediately I volunteered to have a go along with Elsa and Anna (I think). Time passed and as often happens nothing came of it. The next course, 2006/2007, the same thing was suggested, "hey what about that idea of doing a comenius project...?" Once again we said yes of course, let's do it and nothing happened.

At the start of this year you will never guess, yes that old chestnut of, "why don't we..." Only this time when it came up I spoke up and said that this time I really wanted to do it. I had heard of the project that Joan Serra had run at the IES Joaquim Bau and whilst I knew relatively little about what it was and what it would involve I wanted to do it this time, this year yes! Anna Llosa agreed with me and we decided we would do it between us. The rest of the department thought that would be great... and it was left at that. Initially.

Then, however, we actually started to do something about it. I was determined, as was Anna, that this year we would not just forget about it. We talked to our acting head of school, Mª Jose Montserrat, and she gave us the name of Núria Estrada at Serveis Territorials as the person responsible for these projects and also said we should talk to Joan Serra. We arranged to see Joan, easy as he is an ex-student of mine, and then also Núria. At the same time we started to roam around the internet in search of information about comenius projects.

Around that time we should have heard the sound, what sound? It was the creaking of the lid of Pandora's box!

No comments: