Why write this blog?


I am writing this blog because when I started to investigate the world of Comenius Projects I found almost nothing that was of any use to me in starting up my own project. Since then things have improved a lot but I would like to think that anyone that finds and reads this blog will get a lot out of it and will be encouraged to participate in their own project. Here I am recording all the steps I take and all the ups and down I experience, the honest unvarnished reality.

If anyone would like to contact me to talk further about comenius projects please don't hesitate to do so.


Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to school

The first of September and back to school, well more or less anyway. We don't have the students back until the 14th so until then we have all the preparation stuff to get on with.

There has still been no official confirmation of our participation in the Comenius from the authorities here in Catalunya. I was able to briefly have a word with Francesc, our director, in passing today and all he could say was that he has received something but he didn't say what. I definitely haven't.

The only worrying note is what has been mentioned about the structure of classes in 1r Batx, we wanted them to be as they have before, three groups all at the same time. This is the past has allowed us to mount flexible groups (according to ability) and was going to allow me to seperate out all the students who wanted to participate in the Comenius and have them all on their own as my class within the three. I have now been told that Manel for timetabling considerations can't do that, we can't have all three groups at the same time, so we can't "set" them. If I can't have all the Comenius lot together it will make my job a lot harder and will mean many more hours "fora d'horari". Manel hasn't confirmed this yet to me, I will chase him tomorrow and try to get him to bring me up to speed.

Dominika said she would send a work schedule to all of us but she hasn't yet. Now it is just a waiting game to see how this is all going to shape up.

No comments: