Why write this blog?


I am writing this blog because when I started to investigate the world of Comenius Projects I found almost nothing that was of any use to me in starting up my own project. Since then things have improved a lot but I would like to think that anyone that finds and reads this blog will get a lot out of it and will be encouraged to participate in their own project. Here I am recording all the steps I take and all the ups and down I experience, the honest unvarnished reality.

If anyone would like to contact me to talk further about comenius projects please don't hesitate to do so.


Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our work programme

Things are finally starting to move, although perhaps even too fast now.

Yesterday I connected to the Comenius e-mail account and was astounded to see that there were six unread mails waiting for me, six! This is a never before seen occurence, not all of them were even from Dominika. Among these mails was our programme of work, a reminder that we have to sign the LLP contract and a mail from Katrin in Germany.

The programme of work is the same as we originally agreed upon in the application so no surprises there although I think that it is now time to start to fine tune what we want the students to do. We all agreed to make a blog for the project, do we really mean only one? Just one run by the teacher? I would be inclined to get the students to all make one individually and then coordinate them through the teacher's blog. Additionally Dominika talks about 30 odd students in one of her mails whereas Katrina only mentions 22 of hers. I thought that 20/22 was the maximum we could have in the group?

Dominika has also mentioned holding an inauguration for the project at the same time in all countries... I am not sure if the powers that be here even want to hold an inauguration. I shall have to check and see, maybe we should, get the press here and invite Nuria Estrada to attend. We'll have to see, whatever we do I don't think it will be soon. We also have to create a logo, one for all the participating schools would probably be best, that means the students here have to create some possible logos and choose one to be submitted to Dominika without delay.

Changes, Birgit has left the school in Germany, a shame that I liked her. Stella has changed her e-mail address in Cyprus, so that's why she never answered anything and Laura is not in the school in Italy anymore. Now I can understand why Dominika made a point of it being important to have two people coordinating the project in each country, we are falling like flies.

I now have to mail her and let her know about the video channel and comment all the other things, I will say hi to Katrin at the same time.

No comments: