Why write this blog?


I am writing this blog because when I started to investigate the world of Comenius Projects I found almost nothing that was of any use to me in starting up my own project. Since then things have improved a lot but I would like to think that anyone that finds and reads this blog will get a lot out of it and will be encouraged to participate in their own project. Here I am recording all the steps I take and all the ups and down I experience, the honest unvarnished reality.

If anyone would like to contact me to talk further about comenius projects please don't hesitate to do so.


Monday, September 15, 2008

First notification to the students

Today has been the first day of school for us. I have had my tutorial group all morning and I took advantage of this to do my presentation about the Comenius Project to the three groups we now have at 1r Batx.

I have only given them a simple introduction and advised them that there will be a meeting next week for the people who are interested in participating. I have told them that if the project is oversubscribed then there will be a process of selection that will consist of an interview, in English. It is difficult to really gauge the level of interest among the students we will just have to wait and see I suppose.

This afternoon at home I received a surprise phone call from the Father of one of my students of last year. He was checking on the times for the project in school, 4-5.30 on Thursday afternoons, because his son has got into the EOI and he will be studying in the first session every thursday. At least I know that one person is interested in it!

No comments: