Why write this blog?


I am writing this blog because when I started to investigate the world of Comenius Projects I found almost nothing that was of any use to me in starting up my own project. Since then things have improved a lot but I would like to think that anyone that finds and reads this blog will get a lot out of it and will be encouraged to participate in their own project. Here I am recording all the steps I take and all the ups and down I experience, the honest unvarnished reality.

If anyone would like to contact me to talk further about comenius projects please don't hesitate to do so.


Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Last gasp surprises, Approval and Youtube

Today has been one of those days, a day for last gasp surprises that make for a bit of a nervous atmosphere.

We got our timetables today and I saw that Manel hadn't taken off the couple of hours with the first year I knew I had doing an AAL, this is a subject as an alternative to religion. He had said he would take this off my timetable to compensate for the time I will have to spend doing Comenius stuff.

I went to ask him about this and he said that he hadn't done so as Nuria Estrada hadn't been able to confirm that we had had the project approved, in fact he added that the problems according to her lay with the coordinator. Dominika.

We agreed that we needed to sort this out asap so that he could wind up the timetable as once it is done there is hardly any way it can be then changed. So I said I would phone Nuria and if necessary, and she didn't mind, I would also phone Joana Vidal in Barcelona to see what on earth was happening. On talking to Nuria I discovered that the "problems" are the same rumours about problems that were around at the end of last year, meaning that Dominika had said she wanted to give up teaching and we would all be minus a coordinator. Apart from this she simply hadn't been given the list of approved projects and couldn't tell us what was happening. I asked if I could phone Joana directly and she agreed. This I then did and got nowhere so I handed it all back to Manel and said he ought to phone her, him or Francesc as she is likely to get annoyed if a lowly teacher like me bugs her about this.

Fortunately in the time it took to give Manel the number and find Francesc Nuria phoned back and told us that yes, we have been approved!! So now it is all steam ahead.

I did find time this morning to create a channel on Youtube for videos.











Of course there is nothing there at the moment. (Actually I have just updated this and now there is a video 9-9-08)


This is the address and I hope to record myself, ugh, giving a welcome to the other partners and then send them all a mail with the address, then I hope that they will record themselves and post their videos in turn. The only inconvenient is that I will have to give out the name and password to channel and thus leave it open to unwitting sabotage. Still it is a risk worth taking.

No comments: